Friday, April 23, 2010

Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet)

Captain Amelia (Treasure Planet)

Name meaning: German, "Industrious"

Captain Amelia is a fierce feline, who, unlike most cats, has no problems being around water. As the captain of the ship R.L.S. Legacy, she rules the roost (crow’s nest?) with a sharp wit and an iron paw. She is tough, no-nonsense, elegant taskmaster who values cooperation like any military person yet is intelligent enough to see when creativity is an asset, especially in a crisis. She possesses a quick mind and a quicker tongue. Graceful and sardonic, she is slow to trust but once she does, she is utterly loyal. She is fearless, an excellent markswoman, and refuses to leave a task unfinished, even when wounded.
Captain Amelia: Doctor, you have... wonderful eyes.
Doctor Doppler: She's lost her mind!
Captain Amelia: I'm Captain Amelia. Late of a few run-ins with the Procyon Armada, nasty business, but I won't bore you with my scars; You've met my first officer, Mr. Arrow? Sterling, tough, dependable, honest, brave and true.
Mr. Arrow: Please, Captain...
Captain Amelia: Oh, shut up, Arrow. You know I don't mean a word of it.
Captain Amelia: Let me make this as... monosyllabic as possible. I... don't much care for this crew you hired. They're...how did I describe them, Arrow? I said something rather good this morning before coffee.
Mr. Arrow: 'A ludicrous parcel of driveling galoots,' ma'am.
Captain Amelia: There you go, poetry.
Captain Amelia: Doctor. To muse and blabber about a treasure map in front of this particular crew, demonstrates a level of ineptitude that borders on the imbecilic! And I mean that in a very caring way.
[Doppler shoots through the cable of a large air canister, it crashes down on the walkway below, sending the pirates falling into space]
Captain Amelia: Did you actually aim for that?
Doctor Doppler: You know, actually I *did*?
Captain Amelia: Ah, Doctor Doppler, I presume?
Doctor Doppler: Uh, yes...
Captain Amelia: [Knocking on helmet] Hello! Can you hear me?
Doctor Doppler: Yes I can! Stop that banging!
Captain Amelia: You know, doctor, this works so much better when this...[Turns device in front of spacesuit]... is right side up, and...[Pulls out a power cord and plugs it into the back of the suit…plugged in. Lovely, there you go.
Doctor Doppler: If you don't mind, I can manage my own plugging, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment